How do I create a Journal Alert?
- Click the Publications link in the top toolbar of the database you are using.
- Locate the publication by entering the title in the Browse Publications field and clicking Browse, or use the A - Z links and left/right arrows to browse through the list of titles.
- From the title's Publication Details Screen, click the Alert/Save/Share link and select E-mail Alert. If you have not already signed in to My EBSCOhost, you will be prompted to do so.
- The Save Journal Alert Screen appears. The Journal Alert name, Date Created, and Database name are automatically filled in.
- In the Run Alert for field, select how long the journal alert should run:
- One month (the default)
- Two months
- Six months
- One year
- Select the Results format (if including Article links): Brief, Detailed, or Bibliographic Manager.
- To limit EBSCOhost access to only the articles in the alert (rather than the entire site), mark the checkbox to the left of this field.
- In the E-mail Options section, indicate how you would like to be notified. Select one:
- E-mail all alerts and notices (the default)
- E-mail only creation notice
- No e-mail (RSS only)
- E-mail Address - to be notified by e-mail when a new issue is available, enter your e-mail address. If you are entering multiple e-mail addresses, place a semicolon between each e-mail address.
- Subject - enter a brief explanation that will appear in the subject line of the Journal Alert e-mail.
- Title - you can optionally enter a title for the e-mail. The default value for the title field is: EBSCOhost Alert Notification.
- E-mail [From] address - defaults to EPAlerts@EPNET.COM. You can enter a different "From" e-mail address if desired.
- Select the E-mail format to use: Plain Text or HTML.
- Select the Results content - indicate whether you want to include: Link to TOC page on EBSCOhost or Article links embedded within the results.
- To have your search string included with your results, mark the Include query string in results checkbox.
- When you have finished making changes, click Save. You will be returned to the Publication Details Screen. A message is displayed that indicates a journal alert has been set for the publication.
Not all databases offer the journal alert feature from the Publication Details Screen. In this situation, you can set up a Search Alert using the publication title as your search string.
- From the Advanced Search Screen, click the Publications link.
- Enter the publication name in the Browse for field.
- Check the box in front of the resulting publication name and click the Search button.
- Click the Search History link below the Find field.
- Click the Save Searches/Alerts link.
- Sign in to My EBSCOhost. If you do not have a personal account, click the I'm a new user link to set one up.
- On the resulting Saved Searches/Alert Screen, click the radio button in front of Alert. Fill in the required fields, then click Save.
|Services:||EBSCOhost Research Databases, EBSCOhost Canadian, EBSCOhost UK|