Searchasaurus - FAQs
What is Searchasaurus®?
EBSCO's Searchasaurus interface provides an exciting and easy way for primary school students to enhance and develop basic search methodologies. Students will be riveted by the colorful, animated interface, complete with erupting volcanoes and a dinosaur guide, as they gather information on a wide range of topics. Searchasaurus offers Lexile limiters (reading level), making it easy for students to read and research only appropriately challenging materials.
The following databases are available via the Searchasaurus interface:
- Primary Search®
- Middle Search® Plus
- Book Collection: Nonfiction™
- Image Collection
- Newspaper Source™
How do I choose the destination of the Search Other Databases link on Searchasaurus?
You can direct the Search Other Databases link on Searchasaurus to point to an EBSCOhost Profile, to an Other URL, or to a Select Service Page (the default). To do so:
- Log in to EBSCOadmin at http://eadmin.ebscohost.com/eadmin/login.aspx.
- Select a Searchasaurus profile.
- Click Customize Services>Searching.
- Make your entries in the following fields:
- Search Other Databases - Indicate where the Search Other Databases link on Searchasaurus should point: to an EBSCOhost Profile, to an Other URL, or to a Select Service Page (the default).
- EBSCOhost Profile - If you want the Search Other Databases link on Searchasaurus to point to an EBSCOhost profile, select that EBSCOhost profile from the drop-down list.
- Other URL (if applicable) - If you want the Search Other Databases link on Searchasaurus to point to a different URL (for example, your library home page), enter that URL in the text-entry field.
Click Submit. Your changes are saved.
Why don't I see "Teacher Resources" in Searchasaurus?
In order to have the Teacher Resources feature available in Searchasaurus, you must have databases available in the profile that are compatible with the feature.
The databases that are compatible with Teacher Resources in your Searchasaurus profile are:
- Academic Search Elite
- Education Research Complete
- Professional Development Collection
To make the Teacher Resources feature appear in Searchasaurus, add one or more of the databases above to your Searchasaurus profile in EBSCOadmin, and the feature will appear on the top toolbar.
|Topic:||Interface Features, Database Products and Content|